Posted on 05-01-2020
Van Buskirk Companies is in search of a Civil Engineer.
Position Description: Plan and design site plans for a diverse set of projects such as residential subdivisions, office or retail buildings, theaters, warehouses, manufacturing and other types property. Applies engineering or architectural principles to the design of buildings sites and their components or assemblies. Prepares creative designs or related drawings or details. Able to lead and develop design work for multiple projects at once. Presents designs to clients or Directors in order to ensure satisfaction; makes revisions as necessary. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to President of Land Development.
Essential Job Functions/Scope:
- Plan Design and Implementation: Plans and designs horizontal infrastructure while applying engineering or architectural principals, working in conjunction with internal and external customers, governmental authorities, stakeholders, suppliers, and other leaders within and outside the organization while acting as owner’s representative.
- Budgets, Work Schedules and Project Completion: Develops project budgets and work schedules utilizing project management tools and processes to maintain an organized work flow to complete projects.
- Management: Oversight and coordination of plan completion, work, and submittal.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise:
- Must be able to understand and learn the inner workings of the company to relate well and converse with internal and external customers, stakeholders, suppliers, and other leaders within and outside the organization while acting as owner’s representative.
- Must exhibit ability to understand overall building structure within a defined development and assist with tenant placement.
- Will coordinate with subcontracted designers in architectural and engineering fields.
- Must be familiar with project management tools and processes to maintain an organized work flow.
- Will coordinate with city departments and officials to gain and maintain a working knowledge of regulatory and city ordinances.
- Must be flexible, progressive, and adaptable, with the ability to prioritize and produce quality work within stringent deadlines.
- Must have above average problem solving, organizational, and planning skills.
- Must be able to accurately project expenses and timelines.
- Finish master planning as directed.
- Manage and coordinate subcontractor installation of horizontal infrastructure/vertical infrastructure construction.
- Will work with clients on planning, building detail specification and materials to fit within budget,
- Visualize, analyze and produce material quantity take-offs for project concept and final budgeting.
- Assist with entire project from global view down to small details.
- SD Licensed Professional Engineer
- LEED certifications a plus.
- Land Planning experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Must possess an above average knowledge of self and ability to communicate with poise and diplomacy.
- Self-starter with ability to set goals and tasks with strong leadership skills.
Contact Lori at 605.361.8211 to apply or email her.