Posted on 05-06-2019
Van Buskirk Companies is looking for a dynamic, people-oriented team player to join our commercial leasing/sales division. Position is responsible for a portion of sales and leasing of commercial, multi-family and industrial properties in the VBC portfolio, in addition to obtaining outside commercial lease, sale, and Buyer Agency listings. Van Buskirk Companies is a leader in Sioux Falls and is interested in hiring people who are serious about making an impact in the community.
• Must currently hold a Real Estate Broker Associate license in the State of South Dakota, or be willing to obtain such licensure.
• Minimum 4 years of experience in business-to-business sales with established contacts and proven career performance.
• Adherence to South Dakota Real Estate Commission Code of Ethics as well as VBC Code of Ethics and Confidentiality practices.
• Responsible for individual/outside clients and a portion of VBC-related entity Brokerage sales and leasing.
• Along with ownership and support staff, ensure all marketing materials are accurate and timely and be prepared to present to client(s) as requested, whether in person, via email/telephone, or via attendance at conferences such as ICSC.
• Participate and keep active in community organizations and industry functions.
• Must possess superior skills in salesmanship and communication.
• Proficiency required in Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
• Self-directed and goal-oriented, with strong organizational, listening and interpersonal skills with attention to detail and ability to work at a fast pace.
• Excellent verbal and written skills, instilling high quality and service in everything that is done.
• Strong presentation skills with the ability to meet new people and lead conversations.
• Must be able to withstand sitting at a desk and operating a computer for extended periods of time, up to and exceeding 4 hours at once.
• Must be able to withstand showing properties outdoors and indoors during times of inclement weather, and travel using self-propelled methods such as walking, climbing stairs, etc.
• Must be able to tolerate repetitive hand motion (typing) for long periods of time, up to and exceeding 4 hours at once.
• Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks and completion deadlines, maintaining organization throughout all processes.
• Must be able to withstand frequent interruptions (4-5 times per hour minimum on a daily basis).
• Travel will be required to show properties in Sioux Falls or within an approximate 75 mile radius; however, there may be an occasional need for extended travel (76 miles or more) either by car or air travel that may require one or more nights’ stay.