Posted on 08-15-2019
Van Buskirk Companies is seeking to fill the position of Apartment Maintenance Technician at Bennington Hill Apartments in Sioux Falls, SD.
The ideal candidate will possess basic maintenance repair skills and have general knowledge of the tools required to complete the job. This position will perform a wide variety of general and preventive maintenance and repair work, as well as landscape and groundskeeping maintenance and fundamental janitorial duties. Will also perform residents' requests for repairs and other work.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be trustworthy and honest, able to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate good judgement at all times in all situations.
• Ability to operate and use a broad spectrum of tools and equipment skillfully to perform heavy physical labor.
• Broad knowledge of basic standard practices and procedures of construction trades such as carpentry, painting and mechanical systems, including materials and tools, and applicable code requirements.
• Knowledge of methods and practices followed in the maintenance of tools, machinery, and equipment.
• Safety precautions to be observed in the maintenance and installation of various types of equipment.
• Must be resourceful and able to utilize unconventional methods when presented with issues requiring resolution.
• Must display responsiveness, courtesy, confidentiality, trustworthiness, and efficiency to all residents, customers, vendors, and the public in general.
• Must be organized and detailed, able to plan and adjust as needed to meet various scheduling requirements.
• Working knowledge of basic maintenance skills.
• Must be familiar with products and application, equipment, and tools necessary to complete tasks.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Eligible to work in the United States.
• Must be able to work on site, off site, indoors, and outdoors in varying states of weather.
• Must be able to lift, push, pull, and/or carry up to 100 pounds with or without assistance.
• May work outdoors in inclement weather including extreme heat, cold, humidity, etc.
Contact Lori at 605.361.8211 to apply or email her.