Posted on 08-15-2019
Van Buskirk Construction is seeking a skilled trim carpenter to join their team of professionals!
Full time, year-round work, competitive wages, comprehensive benefits package including paid time off and holiday pay, 401(k), group health insurance, and more.
Apply now to be part of this dynamic and energetic team!
Position Description: Using ability to read blueprints, will construct, erect, install, or repair structures and fixtures, frameworks, cabinets, trim, ornaments, hardwood floors, etc., to the correct specifications. This involves making adjustments to projects, installing windows, doors, trim, ornaments, hardwood floors, etc.
Essential Functions/Scope: The ideal candidate will be able to read and interpret plans and specifications; plan and prepare project layout; perform construction work; and follow established safety rules and regulations.
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
• Have basic knowledge of related construction activities, i.e., mechanical, plumbing, and electrical systems.
• Knowledge of carpentry on a commercial project including construction work, all types of framing, including walls, roofs, flooring, insulation and vapor barrier installation.
• Knowledge of finish carpentry skills including installation of cabinets and trim, door and window installation including commercial grade hardware. Perform independently without direct supervision
• Ability to operate basic construction equipment, including but not limited to forklift, loader, and skidsteer.
• Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to perform duties and operation of tools of the trade in strict compliance with OSHA rules.
• Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of commercial buildings or other structures.
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Knowledge of arithmetic, geometry.
• The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
• The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules to methodically and efficiently complete a task.
• Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials need to do certain work.
• Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.